[Typo3-dev] t3lib_div::getIndpEnv('TYPO3_SITE_URL') ?!?!

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Fri Dec 16 12:33:21 CET 2005

Hi martin,

You are welcome to add a bug-report on this, document it in t3lib_div and also
modify the documentation of "tx_realurl" in TYPO3xdev which you are now
having write access to in CVS. I put in a small notice already.

Maybe there is a good intermediate solution but my main point is that I don't
want to risk that a larger and working installation base with TYPO3 fails
because a smaller one is fixed.

- kasper

On Friday 16 December 2005 09:34, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Kasper Skårhøj schrieb:
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > Yes, realurl is authorized to work with .htaccess files only
> > (officially).
>
> Ok, but could this be written in the manual? The very first example of
> Apache config is the one within httpd.conf.
>
> Took me some hours to figure it out it simply doesn't work.
>
> > I don't know how it can be made to work with httpd.conf and I have closed
> > my eyes to the problem because; a few years ago we had nothing but
> > trouble to get unified values from environment inside TYPO3 - hence the
> > t3lib_div::getIndpEnv() function and though I'm sure a quick change in
> > there somehow could help you I just can't defend running the risk of
> > changing anything in there since it has been working for years now with
> > no significant complaints - except with realurl :-)
>
> I see.
>
> I din't want to make quick changes, I only told you what worked for me.
> But I think it's a problem if something like TYPO3_SITE_URL, which as
> you write is there to be "platform independent", in fact works only with
> a special Apache configuration (mod_rewrite in a .htaccess).
>
> I suggest this should be added to the function documentation.
>
> Masi

- kasper