[Typo3-dev] t3lib_div::getIndpEnv('TYPO3_SITE_URL') ?!?!

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Dec 16 09:34:38 CET 2005

Kasper Skårhøj schrieb:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Yes, realurl is authorized to work with .htaccess files only (officially).

Ok, but could this be written in the manual? The very first example of
Apache config is the one within httpd.conf.

Took me some hours to figure it out it simply doesn't work.

> I don't know how it can be made to work with httpd.conf and I have closed my
> eyes to the problem because; a few years ago we had nothing but trouble to
> get unified values from environment inside TYPO3 - hence the
> t3lib_div::getIndpEnv() function and though I'm sure a quick change in there
> somehow could help you I just can't defend running the risk of changing
> anything in there since it has been working for years now with no significant
> complaints - except with realurl :-)

I see.

I din't want to make quick changes, I only told you what worked for me.
But I think it's a problem if something like TYPO3_SITE_URL, which as
you write is there to be "platform independent", in fact works only with
a special Apache configuration (mod_rewrite in a .htaccess).

I suggest this should be added to the function documentation.

Masi