[Typo3-dev] AJAX in TYPO3: call for volunteers

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed Dec 14 00:12:32 CET 2005

Hi Dimitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> I already looked to Prototype some time ago, it cannot be included to
> TYPO3 because it uses MIT license, which is incompatible with GPL.

That's wrong, the license generally referred to as the "MIT license" is
compatible with the GPL.

The MIT style license under which prototype is licensed can be read at
http://dev.conio.net/repos/prototype/LICENSE and is exactly the same as
the "Expat License" which is listed under GPL compatible licenses on
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html.

So as far as I see it is no problem to ship prototype with TYPO3.

regards,
Ingmar