[Typo3-dev] utc_date/utc_time field please for 4.0

Alexander Langer alex at big.endian.de
Sun Dec 11 15:17:39 CET 2005

Elmar Hinz schrieb:

> In what time do you think are all those unix timestamps in the tables?
> 1.) UTC is already the standard. So nothing to do here.

Yes, Elmar, but unfortunately currently the "integer" that is saved for
datetime's is currently calculated from within Javascript on the client
computer, and then transferred as an integer to the server.  So
unfortunately when people enter "2005-12-07 10:00" from different
timezones, they have different dates in the database.

The same holds for "time" fields. "10:00" is not "10*3600" in the
database but "10*3600 +- timezone offset".

Hint:  USA, 3 timezones, server in one fixed timezone.

> I think you better reconfigure your OS if you don't have them in UTC.

[other unrelated stuff about L parameter and frontend output]

I might think you better take a look at the actual problem.

Alex