[Typo3-dev] BE - mixing modules and regular forms

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Fri Dec 9 20:40:07 CET 2005

Elmar Hinz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am little experienced with forms in BE modules. Until now I coded
> table editing allways from FE extensions.
>
> How far can I extend and cusomize the $TCA generated forms and lists of
> the list module?

You can customize by using palettes and tab-dividers, but not very much
more with standard $TCA.

> Is there a hook to add self defined inputs?

Yes, look in the core api doc for $TCA, there's even an example IIRC.

> Is it possible to show additional fields by default in the list?

I think I have seen such things before.

> Is it possible to use the form library in own modules? The examples I
> found didn't use it, but wrote new forms in plain HTML.

We don't have a generic low-level form library, but I'm working on one,
so we have low-level form rendering and high-level $TCA-defined forms
and validations in 5.0.

Until then, plain HTML seems the least painful.

Greetings,
Michael