[Typo3-dev] Strange problem with user creation

Andreas Balzer newsgroups at andreas-balzer.de
Tue Dec 6 17:10:53 CET 2005

Hi! I have a very strange and big problem with BE user creation in Typo3.
If i - as an admin - want to create a BE user, i normaly have 2
possibilitys. I can create an admin - which works fine.. and i can create an
user with limited rights.
Well.. I thought i can... but i can't.

If i set the new user with some rights, like DB Mount to a special sub page
and only enter specific modules like Web>Page etc.. where the user can write
edit and delete pages and content elements, the user just sees the sub page
(with out it's sub pages (there's a + but when you click on it, there is
only a -, the sites are not displayed..)

On that single page, the user can't do anything.. (Modules don't work..)

Strange, isn't it?

Let's go into detail..
I use Typo 3.8.0 with german language files on a german hoster (spicken.de
(now named as planet school)) (Linux)
Memory is ca. 16 MB.

Well.. My List>Backend user settings are the following:

Username: test1
Pwd: ********
Group: no one
Lock to domain deactivated
Disable IP lock for a user deactivated
Admin deactivated
Name: test1
eMail **********************
Default Language: English
Modules:
Web
Web>Page
Web>Show
File
File>Filelist
File>Images
Doc.
User
User>Tasks
User>Settings

(Modul names are not exact, because i currently use the german one and don't
know the exact translation.. All of theese modules are standard modules..)

Limit to Language deactivated
Mount from groups: both deactivated
DB Mounts Service
File Mounts: User_Upload

Fileoperations all activated except Delete recuribley (rm -Rf)
No TSconfig and nothing else

Well, i might havr to say, that our site structure is
 Typo3 ROOT
->ESS Erfurt
-->Schule (pchool)
-->Schüler (pupils)
-->Service
--->Kontakt (contact)
--->Anfahrt (city map)
--->Vertretungsplan (shedule)
and ca. 200 else.. Notice: english names are not in the name.. (without the
contents in the brackets)

Well, i want to create a user which has access to all Service pages and sub
pages..

If i click on save, extension mc_autokeywords is showing an error message:
" Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in
/home/www/kunden/ess-erfurt.de/contents/typo3conf/ext/mc_autokeywords/class.tx_mcautokeywords.php
on line 236

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in
/home/www/kunden/ess-erfurt.de/contents/typo3conf/ext/mc_autokeywords/class.tx_mcautokeywords.php
on line 237"

But finally the user is created. Until know nearly everything seems to be
fine, but if i log in as the user that i just created, i just see the
selected modules and the Service page. If i click on it, only the + turns
into a -. Nothing else happens. What do i do wrong? Please help me, because
i have to create 200 users this week, and i really ask myself, if i'm to
supid, or if Typo hates me .. :'(

Thanks a lot
Andreas Balzer

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Germany, 17 years old and just
learning grammatic.. I have my own 'bad writing' style :)
P.P.S.S.: The same topic is created in the german news group, but there
nobody is answering..