[Typo3-dev] [SYS][serverTimeZone]

Fri Dec 2 13:32:19 CET 2005

stefano cecere wrote:
> ehi i was checking my install tool settings, and discovered a
> [SYS][serverTimeZone] = 1
>
> i didn't notice it before (and i've been asking for it since a so long
> time, since i have servers in different timezones! :)
>
> is it already fully working in typo3 BE?
> do all extensions developers know about it?
>
> stefano
> www.krur.com

All your servers should run in the UTC time zone to make live easy,
independently where they are located. They could even stay in a circling
satellite then. Unix servers use this configuration since the very
beginning in the 70's. Easy go lucky.

There is an OS monopolist who likes to make life of the users difficult
and configurates the main setting of machines to local timezones.  If so
you may need such a special setup. Don't to let him do so.

Regards

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh,
Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...