[Typo3-dev] TypoScript 2: a bit of a RFC

Thu Dec 1 08:22:24 CET 2005

Christopher wrote:
> Elmar has _repeatedly_ said that he is not interested in doing
> anything TS-related with xml _except_ storage and validation. Everyone
> in the thread so far, including Dan and Elmar have agreed that one of
> the notable advantages of TS is its brevity. The overhead is a
> legitimate concern, but if it's stored as a serialized array...

Hi Christopher,

it is Dan's proposal to store TS as XML.

My idea is to store it as the serialized object tree, that can - after
deserialization - directly output the content.

For validation I like your proposal the best, to traverse the genrated
array, as long as self validating objects aren't available.

So the remaing use of XML would be, to configure the TS-Object-tree with
XML-IDE for those who don't like plain text.

My vision:

          Database
               ^
               | (de)serialization
TS 1 <-> TS-Objects  <-> TS 2, XML, YAML,  ....

               | print
      Output (html, xml, ...)

TS 1 gets its own place here, to mark it as default at the beginning of
a longer transitional period.

There is the question how the Objects produce all such languages? They
don't themselfs. I am thinking of an abstract interface here, a service
in terms of TYPO3. Plugins would do the rendering to the languages.

Regards

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: Teneriffa, Mexico, Guatemala, New Orleans, Sahel,
Bangladesh, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Swiss, France, ...