[Typo3-dev] TypoScript 2: a bit of a RFC

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 00:36:56 CET 2005

This is kind of OT - but I think that the value of
TS will be increased if we reduce what TS is meant
to do.

That is - don't try to add to TS becuase it will
make TS more useful... reduce TS to a limited
language that performs a set of things well, and
predicably. When you've achieved that, expand the
language.

Thought #2 - do not invent a new language / syntax
if one exists already. If you think TS is just a
config language, use an XML language; if it is a
functional language, use a python-like syntax; if
it is a fully functional language, use PHP...
there's no point in building new stuff when old
stuff exists....