[Typo3-dev] AJAX - for fe/be

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Aug 31 17:43:10 CEST 2005

I'm all for adding a little AJAX to the backend :)

I've done a littly proof of concept extension that adds basic AJAX for
the pagetree.  Right now it reloads the entire pagetree but could easily
be extended to only load elements that have changed.

The areas that I think could really benefit are the TemplaVoila Template
Selector and the Frontend Plugin selection list.  It kills me to reload
the entire page when we're only changing a subset of the data.

When I started looking at AJAX for the backend, the biggest initial
barrier was a lack of IDs on most backend elements, which makes it
difficult to select and replace DOM nodes.  Not a hard thing to fix, but
you've got to touch the core in a lot of places I would think...