[Typo3-dev] AJAX - for fe/be

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Aug 31 00:23:01 CEST 2005

Thomas Murphy wrote:

>Hello,
>
>dan frost wrote:
>

>>There's a TYPO3 implementation on an AJAX framework and i implemented
>>xajax in TYPO3 over the weekend - so it's possible.
>>
>>What i wonder is - what do we think of AJAX in TYPO3? What about AJAX
>>for TYPO3 backend? The JavaScript load would probably decrease (i'm
>>partly guessing) and the integration with other libraries might help...
>>

>I think rewriting the BE to be more modular and extensible (from
>Dummy-BE to full-blown version) would make more sense before integrating
>these high-level gadgets.
>Integrating AJAX now would make the BE code more complex then it already is.
>And think about accessibility - o.k. it's not needed that much in BE,
>but could be achieved relatively easy during a BE rewrite, so why don't?
>Everything else could be built on top of that slim version.
>
>bye,
>Murphy

Managing a +1000 pages page tree is not fun if it reloads over and over
again up onchange.
But, ajax is really nice, I use it now on FE for some parts of the site
which speeds up the site
dramaticly.

And for BE i think it can be really usefull, I ain't sure if a rewiite
is really needed....

Ries

--
R. van Twisk
http://www.metamorf.net

Our Typo3 enabled website: http://www.livetravelguides.com
Instand help for Typo3?    irc:/irc.freenode.net/typo3
Looking for documentation? http://typo3.org/documentation/