[Typo3-dev] AJAX - for fe/be

Thomas Murphy murphy at spreekonzept.de
Wed Aug 31 07:23:47 CEST 2005

Hello,

dan frost wrote:
> There's a TYPO3 implementation on an AJAX framework and i implemented
> xajax in TYPO3 over the weekend - so it's possible.
>
> What i wonder is - what do we think of AJAX in TYPO3? What about AJAX
> for TYPO3 backend? The JavaScript load would probably decrease (i'm
> partly guessing) and the integration with other libraries might help...

I think rewriting the BE to be more modular and extensible (from
Dummy-BE to full-blown version) would make more sense before integrating
these high-level gadgets.
Integrating AJAX now would make the BE code more complex then it already is.
And think about accessibility - o.k. it's not needed that much in BE,
but could be achieved relatively easy during a BE rewrite, so why don't?
Everything else could be built on top of that slim version.

bye,
Murphy