[Typo3-dev] fileFolder for TCA select and group types

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Aug 26 18:04:45 CEST 2005

Does anyone have experience using the fileFolder option for select and
group types within the TCA?

See
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/columns_fieldnam-5/

When I try to follow the example for the select type, I can see the
files and select them.  However, when I save the record they disappear
from the left side of the selector box.  The comma separated filenames
are still stored properly in the database but for some reason they do
not display.  Here's my code in tca.php...

"file_container" => Array (
	'exclude' => 1,
	'label' => "My label",
	'config' => Array (
		'type' => 'select',
		'items' => Array (
			Array('',0),
     		),
		'fileFolder' => 'fileadmin/templates',
		'fileFolder_extList' => 'htm,html',
		'fileFolder_recursions' => 3,
		'selicon_cols' => 10,
		'size' => 15,
		'minitems' => 0,
		'maxitems' => 100,
	),
),

I also tried this with the group type, as mentioned at
http://typo3.org/documentation/mailing-lists/dev-list-archive/thread/58191/.

  When I do this, the values are saved and appear in the database.  The
problem here is that the page browser that opens does not respect the
path specified in fileFolder and rather than saving a relative path to
files, it saves the absolute path.

If I could get either one of these TCA types working that would be
great.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jeff