[Typo3-dev] disable access to page content by group

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Aug 26 16:26:20 CEST 2005

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> Zach Davis wrote:
>
>>Hi folks,
>>
>>I've been thinking about putting together an extension that adds a
>>field to content elements to limit access by group -- something like
>>the current access field, but this would disable the content if the
>>group matches the feuser group. I just wanted to check and make sure
>>that this doesn't already exist (and I overlooked it) -- or if anyone
>>can think of a reason off the top of their head why this wouldn't be
>>possible, please let me know.
>>
>>thank,
>>Zach
>

> Hello Zach,
>
> if i understand correct: you want to create acl for content elements in
> the backend.
> this is a planed feature i guess....
>
> have a look at the acl extension for access rights. maybe this could
> inspire you.
>
> greetings,
>
> olivier

I made BE user based access restriction for content elements -
'Restrict editing by non-Admins' for individual content elements
I really need that.

It simply adds an additional condition after checking if some user is
allowed to edit some content element type.

Because that is inside a core class I must use XCLASS implementation.

I don't know how to change 'Members only' flag as public extension.