[Typo3-dev] Higher parsetime in 3.8.0

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Thu Aug 25 15:13:01 CEST 2005

>  > > I simply can't afford to use non-cached objects for high-volume
> sites! :-(
>  >
>  > You can if you install Turck MMCache or its successor,
>  eAccelerator. I > have tree USER_INT object on this site:
>  http://www.calis.lv/ It loads > fast. I found that without MMCache
>  it takes around 7 seconds to load and > less than I second with it.
>
> I already have MM Cache installed. Without it it would be far worse.
>
> The point is the relative overhead that occurs when using a very
> simple user_int (like banner rotation). Parsetime of 246ms compared
> to 24ms (see my previous post) is not an issue for low-volume sites,
> but on a high-volume site, where the load could be handled by one
> dedicated
> server for the no-user_int-version, it would need 10 (!) servers +
> load balancer + etc. for the single-user_int-version in my case,
> which is far from acceptable.
>
> Hope there is an solution, especially when TYPO3 is trying to compete
> in the "enterprise level" of the cms market.

Well - since you are delivering content from cache this is not a real
"parsetime" when there is no USER_INT in the page.
You should compare the parsetimes (with and without USER_INT) after clearing
the cache.
If it's nearly the same time you should try to find out if there is
something in your userfunction that prevents the page from being cached.
There are lots of extensions where something like
$GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache() is used instead of defining the TS-object
as USER_INT or COA_INT containing a USER part.
If this is the case you should remove this line in the PHP code of that
specific extension to make sure that the page is taken from cache while the
object itself is not.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau