[Typo3-dev] Higher parsetime in 3.8.0

Simon Ihmig ihmig at kaliber5.de
Thu Aug 25 14:42:18 CEST 2005

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
 > > I simply can't afford to use non-cached objects for high-volume
sites! :-(

 > You can if you install Turck MMCache or its successor, eAccelerator. I
 > have tree USER_INT object on this site: http://www.calis.lv/ It loads
 > fast. I found that without MMCache it takes around 7 seconds to load and
 > less than I second with it.

I already have MM Cache installed. Without it it would be far worse.

The point is the relative overhead that occurs when using a very simple
user_int (like banner rotation). Parsetime of 246ms compared to 24ms
(see my previous post) is not an issue for low-volume sites, but on a
high-volume site, where the load could be handled by one dedicated
server for the no-user_int-version, it would need 10 (!) servers + load
balancer + etc. for the single-user_int-version in my case, which is far
from acceptable.

Hope there is an solution, especially when TYPO3 is trying to compete in
the "enterprise level" of the cms market.

Regards,
Simon