[Typo3-dev] Higher parsetime in 3.8.0

Simon Ihmig ihmig at kaliber5.de
Thu Aug 25 12:02:37 CEST 2005

Hello,

I just updated one site to TYPO3 3.8.0, and realized that the average
parsetimes were substantially higher.
Find below the output of the admin panel for 3.7.0 as well as 3.8.0:

<TYPO3 3.7.0>
Script Start    3
...ass t3lib_db, t3lib_div, t3lib_extmgm    0
/Include config files    0
...iles/Loading localconf.php extensions    3
/Include Frontend libraries    1
/Add slashes to GET/POST arrays    0
/Front End user initialized    2
/Back End user initialized    68
/Process ID    1
/Process ID/beUserLogin    1
/Process ID/fetch_the_id initialize/    0
/Process ID/fetch_the_id domain/    1
/Process ID/fetch_the_id rootLine/    2
/Get Compressed TC array    2
/Start Template    0
/Get Page from cache    3
/Get Page from cache/Cache Query    4
/Get Page from cache/Cache Row    0
/Parse template    58
/Setting the config-array    0
/Page generation    1
/Page generation/pagegen.php, initialize    6
/Non-cached objects    0
/Non-cached objects/Include libraries    1
/Non-cached objects/Split content    0
/Non-cached objects/Include     8
...hed objects/Substitute header section    1
/Print Content    0
/Stat    0
id: 13
type: 0
gr_list: 0,-1
no_cache: 0
fe_user, name:
fe_user, uid:

Total parsetime: 99 ms
</TYPO3 3.7.0>

<TYPO3 3.8.0>
Script Start    3
...ass t3lib_db, t3lib_div, t3lib_extmgm    1
/Include config files    0
...iles/Loading localconf.php extensions    3
/Include Frontend libraries    1
/Add slashes to GET/POST arrays    0
/Front End user initialized    3
/Back End user initialized    11
/Process ID    0
/Process ID/beUserLogin    2
/Process ID/fetch_the_id initialize/    1
/Process ID/fetch_the_id domain/    1
/Process ID/fetch_the_id rootLine/    2
/Get Compressed TC array    1
/Start Template    0
/Get Page from cache    6
/Get Page from cache/Cache Query    3
/Get Page from cache/Cache Row    0
/Parse template    57
/Setting the config-array    1
/Page generation    146
/Page generation/pagegen.php, initialize    6
/Non-cached objects    1
/Non-cached objects/Include libraries    1
/Non-cached objects/Split content    0
/Non-cached objects/Include     7
...hed objects/Substitute header section    0
/Print Content    0
/Stat    0
id: 13
type: 0
gr_list: 0,-1
no_cache: 0
fe_user, name:
fe_user, uid:

Total parsetime: 246 ms
</TYPO3 3.8.0>

The line "/Page generation" seems to be the cause: it went from 1ms to
146ms. Any clue?

BTW, when there is no "/Non-cached objects" (no USER_INT), parsetime is
around 26ms for both TYPO3 versions, which rises the question again (which I
asked already some time ago) why a single, simply USER_INT has to lead to
such dramatic loss of performance!? (almost tenfold!)

I simply can't afford to use non-cached objects for high-volume sites! :-(

Greetings,
Simon