[Typo3-dev] The donation issue - please join this debate!

Daniel Brün dbruen at saltation.de
Tue Aug 23 10:03:40 CEST 2005

Hi list!

I also think that some really simple mechanism for sponsoring
development would be a great idea.

Just imagine the following:
You are a registered user at typo3.org.
Your browse in the extension-department and find a really nice extension
which is unfortunately lacking some features you need, or it is in
alpha-stage. What if you could donate some money at that very place?
Just enter the amount you would like to donate and it gets automagically
added to your personal "donation-basket". This way you could step
through some extensions you like to be developed further, enter the
amount you like to donate and check out the total like in any other
shopping system. This means: Only one money-transfer required for the
sponsoring of different extensions. Once the money reached the account
(of the association, maybe?) the amounts have to be splitted and moved
to their final destination (the developer). This process could be done
once a month and should therefore not cause too much work...

I do not like Paypal, either, but finding another payment-solution can
not be too hard... There are even affordable credit-card-services available.

I think that some automation like this could really speed up some
development processes. Maybe some people could even live of this!

Cheers,

Dan