[Typo3-dev] Problems submitting a form in a self developed extension

Udo udo.gerhards at genion.de
Tue Aug 23 01:18:24 CEST 2005

Hi list

i'm very new to develop own extensions in Typo3. So at the last week i did my first steps with a simple "mailform"-extension which graps newsheaders from the tt_news-table and makes the visitor able to select them in some select-fields.

Now the extension is ready but i got a strange error when i try to submit the form: When i'm logged in as administrator in the backend and i call the site on which the extension resides, i'm able to submit the form after selecting some newsheaders without any problems. The summary of the selection will be shown and the mail will be send.
But when i'm not logged in as administrator and i go to the extension-site in the frontend i'm not able to submit the form correctly. It seems that the form is only "reloaded" on the side without walking throug the php-code behind the scene. In this case "var_dump" or still an ordinary "echo" will not be shown on the extensions-site after submitting the form.

This is freaking me out cause after extensive  testing i do not know, where to find the failure. Especially because no testing-php-code is shown after submitting. When i walk into to the side from another side on my homepage and start a fresh call of my extension the above mentioned controll-code is shown. Only when i submit the form nothing seems to go on but a simple "reload" of the site.

I checked the whole html-code but nothing seems wrong. Does anyone know how i can work out this mistake?

>From my php-Script i call some Typo3-internal-funktions to realize some objects and to get some variables from the $_GLOBALS-Array. These are:

                    $this->pi_USER_INT_obj=1;
                    $cObj = t3lib_div::makeInstance("tslib_cObj");
                   $pVar = t3lib_div::GPvar(...);
                   $mailObject = t3lib_div::makeInstance("t3lib_formmail");

Is there something special about these functions like "the user must be logged in to use one of these function" or something else which will prevent my php-code on not logged in users to work correctly?

Please if anyone could help me it would be grateful cause i got no more ideas to solve this problem.

Greetings

- Udo (udo_gerhards)