[Typo3-dev] Typo3 only for nerds?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Aug 21 02:03:19 CEST 2005

tapio wrote:

>> And now back to work...
> If someone wants to see my changes to core file, I made a zip-file
>
> http://www.tapionet.net/typo3/development/changed.zip

Well, having some prejudices but still had a look at this...

> Many changes are minimal - jus taking off fixed width and height value,
> but some has much more changes.

Hmmm. This is a 1MB zip file containing files which you might have changed
in a way that fits your needs. Do you really expect people to search
through that 1MB zip file to find those "more changes"?

Suggestion for a 2nd run:

If you want changes to be looked at...
- comment the changes
- generally, provide diff files since the changes cannot be located
  otherwise (compare to other patches, look at the bugtracker for example)
- make sure the overall patch is not larger than 10KB since most people will
  be put off after just looking at the size of your changes... :-|
- separate your stuff: 1000 lines of just removing "width" and "height"
  makes it hard to locate other, maybe more interesting changes

> Most remarkable changes has been mentioned
> http://www.tapionet.net/typo3/development/InterfaceFixesForTypo3.doc
> Those files are worth to look. I didn't get everything to work.

I didn't look at this again. I think it's still the same which you sent me
some months ago. If you still think that these changes are useful,
please...
- split them up
- open a bug report for each of them
- add a description
- add a screenshot of how it looks before and after that change
- finally, add a patch if you already made one

If you provide everything as such big blocks like now, then it's just too
hard to start looking at it.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out