[Typo3-dev] Typo3 only for nerds?

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Aug 19 21:56:31 CEST 2005

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> tapio wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>It seems that some people in this list think that Typo3 is just for
>>nerds.
>>In my mind this in not the correct approach. Typo3 has many
>>userfriendly features but too nerd attitude stop developing them
>>further.
>

> hey tapio,
>
> whats wrong with you?

When I seriously try to write about some constructive proposal I got
this kind of answer

"Okay you want that I would never present
 > any ideas in this list.
I must agree here - you never seem to help,
 > But according to opinion I should newer anymore write anything to this
 > list.

perhaps not to the dev list - especially if you don't yet understand
typoscript!
"

> most of the people here in this list are earning money with typo3. our
> clients do not think that they are nerds in any case. neither we think
> that our typo3 staff is very nerdy..

Yes but answer like

"Typoscript is fine and non-admin users should not be editing the user
permissions - at least on any site I have anything to do with!  If your
an admin user and CANT figure out how to edit these settings then
chances are the need doesn't really exists for this fine of control over
the BE editing."

expects that the admin user is a nerd and knows everything about
TypoScript - but that is not the truth.

> i feel offended by your unprofessional attitude in all your posts.

I feel very offended of the post of 'Tyler Kraft' and a little bit from
some other answers but not so much.

> fear that you are a troll only wanting to create anger and problems here.

That is not my purpose - you have just now this *attitude* toward me.

> please start to contribute with code and not mailingslist traffic

I wanted just first discuss if something could be reasonable