[Typo3-dev] The donation issue - please join this debate!

Georg Kuehnberger georg_ml at kuehnberger.com
Fri Aug 19 02:32:25 CEST 2005

following the subjects imperative  - I couldnt resist:

Robert, Valery et al,

- what a buzz ... (sorry to interrupt the paypal bashing ;-)

- To me it seems, you're trying to establish a new (small) businessplan
(money for service/product) and get lost trying to reinvent almost all
wheels by discussing procedures, payment- and organizational tools;

- Let me direct to you attention to a more or less working example:
         "Buy your Feature" programme for OpenGroupware.org
         http://www.skyrix.de/en/produkte/feature-add/buy-a-new-feature.php
         Recent developments news line
         http://www.skyrix.de/en/produkte/BYF/project_state.php
         You want to make a contribution?
         http://www.skyrix.de/en/produkte/BYF/cof.php?id=4007

- Glad to be part of TYPO3 for quite some time by now I know:
         - Significant developments are not done by 10$ (even not 400x 10$)
contributions, but rather by significant contributions by a few;
                 >> which leads me to: forget those group-actions on large
scale
                 >> and forget about the idea that yet another new tool
would change the real-world-contribution-situation;
         - Transparence is essential:
                 >> this is / was already done on .com/ .org (I once saw it
but don't find it anymore - was it deleted) similar to:
http://www.skyrix.de/en/produkte/BYF/project_state.php
         - Arrange ONE person being in charge for organizing, executing and
communicating not more than TWO such developements (aka project-owner).
                 >> OK in some, NO-OK in the most cases ( too much projects
on too less heads) AFA I understand.
 >> DONE;

BTW:
Me thought, we do have a CMS for realtime update of websites ... having a
look at the ammount of content and frequency of change at eg.
http://www.skyrix.de/en/produkte/BYF/project_state.php I'd guess we don't
need yet another tool.

Just my two toughts following the subjects imperative;
g night g