[Typo3-dev] lost templavoila mapping after utf 'fix'

Sean Ellis sellis at telus.net
Thu Aug 18 18:38:47 CEST 2005

Sean Ellis wrote:

Hello,

I'm putting this problem aside for the moment. I've tried all the
configuration possibilities that I can think of, and my understanding of
the typo3 inner workings isn't up to me tinkering with the source just
yet from what I see.

I wanted to add a couple more observations though, for the record,
posterity etc .

1. The particular error that this problem produces is:

TemplaVoila ERROR:

Template Object could not be unserialized successfully.
Are you sure you saved mapping information into Template Object with UID
"1"?

2. Starting with an entirely fresh site, fresh templavoila install,
using a database set with  CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci,
localconf settings of:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["SYS"]["multiplyDBfieldSize"] = '3';   //  Modified or
inserted by TYPO3 Install Tool.
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["BE"]["forceCharset"] = 'utf-8';   //  Modified or
inserted by TYPO3 Install Tool.

and the 'fix' mentioned below (needed to enter Japanese characters)

With these settings the new site is fine until I enter any Japanese
characters. In this case I added a string to the title field in the page
header of a sample page I'd made. Then, error.

rgds