[Typo3-dev] utf-8 standard in TYPO3 4.0?

Georg Kuehnberger georg_ml at kuehnberger.com
Thu Aug 18 16:18:44 CEST 2005

At 13:21 04.08.2005, Martin Kutschker wrote:
>"Thorsten Kahler" <thorsten.kahler at dkd.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>news:mailman.1.1123147136.2237.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> > Basically our ideas are about
> > 1) having a TYPO3 service for email
> > 2) changing all mail functions to use this service
> > 3) providing a new and hopefully better and well documented API
>
>Fully agreed.

I'd like to second the above
and in addition would like to see 4.0 using utf-8 throughout all parts of
TYPO3;
that is not only the core and core-ext though also: Documentation,
Extensions (at least as recommendation) and probably also the
upgrade-procedure.

We're just producing a utf-8-site with 23 languages (~ 100 editors in 70+
countries),
and had to solve quite some issues ( aside the recently posted
p2_limittolangfix ), quite some issues with indexed search, real-url and
others.

Graphics-stuff is another issue that comes into my mind;
Just my to cents, Wolfgang and Masi masi might add much more;

regards Georg