[Typo3-dev] templa voila new version, when ?

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue Aug 16 17:59:36 CEST 2005

tapio wrote:

> I hope that you could have time to solve serious problems in frontend
> editing. Commercial sites needs it. TemplaVoila is useless for
> commercial sites because customers don't accept serious bugs in frontend
> editing.

Tapio,

you really make me think "Mozilla Thunderbird is useless for TYPO3 users
because it doesn't have a killfile". And no matter how good my
intentions are, I find myself being annoyed by your postings every
fucking week.

I'm not sure if it's your English, your e-mail writing style, or your
personality but:

90 percent of your postings consist of phrases like:
- Feature XYZ is broken|unusable|inconsistent
- I have to fix XYZ because it's broken|unusable|inconsistent
- Label XYZ is wrong
- Commercial sites need XYZ, TYPO3 has to support that

A lot of those 3-5 word sentences make me wonder: Are you asking
questions, ranting, or just whining?

Concerning your, um, statement about commercial sites and frontend
editing: Who says commercial sites need FE editing *at all*, or even TV?
And why don't people who develop commercial sites offer sponsoring these
features?

Before we start another flamefest here: Nobody here objects constructive
criticism, and I don't think your comments are useless but the tone of
your mails really poisons the atmosphere in the list, and I do
understand and agree with Robert's reaction.

Greetings,
Michael