[Typo3-dev] templa voila new version, when ?

Joe Frontman load10 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 17:21:26 CEST 2005

>I don't complain that people don't pay me for TemplaVoila for example,
>because I didn't even provide them with a roadmap yet! So my question is,
>what information would you like to have which lets you having a good
>feeling to sponsor a certain project? If I know that, I should do my
>homework and publish that information.

When someone is being asked for money, he wants to know the following:
1) hown much money does the developer need
2) what features will be included in the extension/ what is it for
3) when will the extension be finished

I don't know if you guys have seen it how fast drupal.org was able of
raising funds for their new webserver.
It was incredible, and I really have to admit that it encouraged people
sponsoring them.
Here is a screenshot: http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=amabdk

Why were they able to raise funds in 2 days?

Because they managed to inform everybody with the right information.
- how much money they need
- how much money they received
- what they are going to do with it

The concept of fundable.org seems to me a way to go. But I would prefer
to see a similar extension funding system on typo3.org.