[Typo3-dev] templa voila new version, when ?

Jens shocktone at gmx.de
Tue Aug 16 15:36:49 CEST 2005

Hi Robert.

> I will donate if it is finished. Thats for sure
"That's great! I saved your mail and let you know when it's finished."
He,he. Now you got me. Im not a big company who can donate thousands of
dollars. I will give what I can though
I understand your points and appreciate what you have done.

"I will definately need sponsorship for TV otherwise I can't work on it.
During the
next weeks I will prepare such a call for sponsorship and I am confident
that there are a few people who will support me so I can support them."

I understand that you need sponsorship . No question. There is nothing wrong
with sponsorship in general.
But that brings me to a rather political point. For me TV is not just an
extension but actually an core feature. (of course technically speaking, its
an extension like the german language pack)
I think its different if somebody asks for sponsorship in advance for a very
specific feature.
But I have the feeling TV was always handled as a big feature of typo3.
There is quite a lot documentation. There were even movies about it in the
news section of typo3 (remember ? )

If a key feature has to be completed, asking for money in advance in order
to complete it is at least questionable.
Maybe its ok this one time. But what if other people have the same idea ?
Lets take the news extension for example that everybody uses. What happens
if the author changes his mind and wants sponsorship for further development
?
(actually in this case other people could do it. But with TV it seems more
complicated)
What you are basically saying in your post is: Pay me than you get
something. Which again is totally ok.
But I dont know if its ok in an open source enviroment. People you really
need TV dont have a choice but paying you ;)

I havent made a final decision about how I should think about that topic.
On the one hand I totally understand Robert (and really appreciate what he
has done so far! ) on the other hand Im not sure if this is a good
development in general.
So it might be a good thing to discuss on the forum. ;)

Greetings Jens.

news:mailman.1.1124189212.7753.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...