[Typo3-dev] Charset-support in class.tx_realurl. WAS: [Typo3-project-tt-news] RealURL+tt_news: Wrong ascii-conversion of country-specific characters

Ådne Hovda aadne at hovda.no
Tue Aug 16 13:33:59 CEST 2005

Hi devs

Posting here as this is not a tt_news specific problem.

>> the id<>alias conversion is done in function lookUp_cleanAlias() in
>> class.tx_realurl.php.
>> there is an array called '$newAliasValue' which contains the conversion
>> table. that's the place where you could change it.

The conversion doesn't work with other charsets than iso-8859-1.

I've tested the user listing mode of better login box, making links by
extracting the username from fe_users. Same problem with non-ascii
characters.

class.tx_realurl doesn't use csConvObj->specCharsToASCII at all, while
class.tx_realurl_advanced does. That explains why normal page-links work
as expected.

Attached is a diff, as there's no realurl project in the bugtracker.

--
Ådne