[Typo3-dev] Skinning

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Aug 12 17:03:30 CEST 2005

Hi!

I have nothing in particular against Microsoft or Bill Gates, I am not a
Linux/GPL/OpenSource fan, I use Windows XP Pro at home and mostly happy
with it.

CSS was developed by a number of companies, not only Microsoft. I doubt
Microsoft was required for CSS invention :) Interestingly MSIE does
implement fully (and correctly) CSS level 2 even in upcoming MSIE 7
(even Netscape 6 does better). Doing anything complex with CSS is a
nightmare in MSIE: all browsers show one thing, MSIE - another. :(

I switches to FireFox half a year ago because it is faster, offers
tabbed browsing and many nice useful plugins (similar to typo3 :)).
Given last IE vulnerability (hacker takes full control over your
computer) I am not going to use MSIE for regular browsing any soon...

Unlike many open source products, FireFox is really good. Usually
Mozilla fails with all there software but FireFox/ThunderBird are really
successful. I was surprized this time...

Dmitry.