[Typo3-dev] exclude one ext_tables from being cached

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Tue Aug 9 10:24:30 CEST 2005

Hello List,

abstract: I want my ext_tables.php to be dynamic...

strange question I know but let me explain:

I have to make kind of a webshop and am making my own ext at the moment.
the shop has to be "mandantenfähig" (sorry dont know the english word
for that but would appreciate if someone could tell me)

there is a product repository where the single site owner can choose via
checkbox what items he/she wants to show on their subpage. the problem
here is that if the user selects then the records are inserted in the
table where all the other records are stored for the whole site. if the
user wants to update all the old records have to be deleted and the new
ones have to be inserted in the table. as it uses autoincrement after
about 100 updates the tables uid will grow rapidely.

to avoid that I thought that the best would be if each user gets its own
items table which gets truncated on an update. my idea is when a new
site gets created a new table will be created consisting of the standard
prefix (in my case tx_sbproducts_records) plus the uid of the
domainrecord the user has, so for domainrecord 1 the table will be named
tx_sbproducts_records1...and so on

of course this has to reflect in $TCA and it all works fine...except the
ext_tables.php being cached so it always point to the same table until
cache is cleared...

If you have any suggestions for a better solution I will appreciate it
but this is IMO the best and easiest...

thx for reading!