[Typo3-dev] Clustering

Ekkehard Gümbel guembel.remove-this at naw.de
Wed Aug 10 17:19:41 CEST 2005

Olivier Dobberkau schrieb:
> Juergen Egeling wrote:
>>So my question: What had emic to program *specifically* for TYPO3?!?
>>Or was it a simple bug removign ;-))
>
> as fas as i understood the problem is the block size while writing on
> the cluster...
> mysql cluster has in comparision to emic to small blocks for typo3 but i
> am not sure.
>
> ask ekki!

Basically it was the BLOB support that was missing in earlier versions.
Besides that, there is some parameter tuning required to optimize the
m/cluster performance for usage with TYPO3.
Given that, it performes, scales and generally behaves really nice.

btw... mysql cluster cannot really be compared to the EMIC product.
Besides some missing features the main difference is that it works in
memory, which is nice for write-intesive application but (at least for
our current cust projects) seriously limits us in terms of size.

greets
/Ekki