[Typo3-dev] unsing pi_flexform field in custom CType

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Wed Aug 3 19:02:23 CEST 2005

i want to use the field tt_content:pi_flexform in an special content
element. my problem is to make the field display the datastructure for
the content element

all works fine if
1. i create an extension of type "list_type" (insert plugin)
2. i create a new field for the flexform data

the reason i figured out is that the TCA of pi_flexformis defined like
this ...

> $TCA['tt_content']['columns']['pi_flexform']['config']['ds_pointerField']
> = 'list_type';
(wich says that the ds is selected bases on the plugin type )

> $TCA['tt_content']['columns']['pi_flexform']['config']['ds']['user_testext_pi1']
> = 'FILE:EXT:user_testext/flexform_ds_pi1.xml';
since my extension is creating a new CType this line has no effect
bacause the "list_type" field is always void. i would have to use the
field "CType" but that would cause bad side effects

Question :

1. is it possible to use the pi_flexform in CType Plugins, if yes what
is my fault here
or
2. do i really have to add a new flexform field to the table maybe it
would be better to add an official ct_flexform field wich is for the
flexformes used by content types

regards, Martin Ficzel