[Typo3-dev] OT: Re: Improving front end editing of MTB and the standard page module

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Aug 1 14:22:53 CEST 2005

> - adminPanel (which should reside in the bottom) => can be configured
> through TSConfig as you already have been pointed to
> - editIcons (which are configured through typoscript, see TSOB, TSRef)
> - editPanels (which are configured thorugh typoscript, see TSOB, TSRef)
>

>>>but anway you can use the adminPanel
>>

>>There is no admin panel for ordinary content elements, if the page
>>doesn't have at least one content element. THIS concerns both MTB and
>>TemplaVoila.
>

> I think you are talking about editPanels then. As said it's quite easy
> to add your own editpanels via typoscript(TSREF->EDITPANEL).

I must try, BUT I really wonder, why there is no edit icon for creating
a new page as default. I'm fully satisfied, if it is possible to add
that icon.

IF I can create an admin panel/ edit panel for pages, which don't have
any content elements, I'm satisfied - but I still wonder why this
possibility is not defined as default.

If these can be added at least TemplaVoila has still problems with
frontend editing.

It is really irratating that important features are missing as default.
Why setting of frontendediting has made so difficult?
Basic information is unsufficent.