[Typo3-dev] What if I want to make changes to the extension?..

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Aug 1 13:08:15 CEST 2005

Hi!

I submited two patches for mininews extension and will submit more (see
the tread about mysql() function). Unfortunately this extension is not
actively developed futher, it even was not released for typo3 3.8.0.
Thus people who want to use its TemplaVoila features have to take source
from CVS, which is bad practice.

I would be happy to start making changes to this extension. Surely I can
just submit patch over path through Mantis but this is not going to work
if noone commits them to CVS (sorry, Kasper, I know you are busy!). So,
my questions is:

	Is it possible to share extension development between people?

If yes, how can I "join" development of mininews extension? I do not
want a complete "take over", just want to help keeping this particular
extension up-to-date and spend my "spare" time on typo3 development.

I do not know to whom to talk (thus writing here) but if someone can
give me any information, he can contact me directly.

Dmitry.