[Typo3-dev] Improving front end editing of MTB and the standard page module

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Aug 1 11:52:34 CEST 2005

Peter Niederlag wrote:
> Hi,
>
> tapio schrieb:
>
>>Peter Niederlag wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,

>>>This is wrong. Of course it is possible to add new pages as well with
>>>either templating-approach(TV or MTB, plain TS whatsoever) as well in FE
>>>as BE.
>>

>>In the frontend editing of the standard page module is NOT an edit icon
>>for 'Edit page header' in the top-left corner of the browser window like
>>in TemplaVoila, which could make possible to add pages using frontend
>>editing.
>

> I don't know what you mean by "frontend editing of the standard page
> module"

Typo3 has a standard 'Page' module and designing concept, which we call
as MTB (Modern Template Building). Using on the site standard page
module and MTB, the frontend editing view doesn't have an edit button on
top-left corner like using TemplaVoila desigining concept.

It would not be a big change to get also to the MTB desigining concept
an extra edit icon.

>but anway you can use the adminPanel

There is no admin panel for ordinary content elements, if the page
doesn't have at least one content element. THIS concerns both MTB and
TemplaVoila.

The minimum could be just to add to the beginng of the content area an
additional 'Insert New content element' button.