[Typo3-dev] which XML-RPC lib to use

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Tue Apr 26 18:23:24 CEST 2005

Am Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:58:24 -0500 schrieb Ingo Renner:

Update:

> Anyway I contacted Simon Willison who implemented the IXR library [1]. It
> is used in wordpress and I like it more anyway because it as easy to use as
> Keith's implementation, better documented, fully object oriented and in
> wordpress it is BSD licensed (originally Artistic). That makes me hope that
> he's willing to give it to us as BSD licensed, too.

Simon's response:

-----
> In wordpress IXR ist BSD licensed but on your webpage I can only find
> it as Artistic licensed. So my question is whether you would allow me
> (and the rest of the TYPO3 community) to use IXR under BSD, too?

Yes, absolutely. My approach to licensing is basically that I want anyone
who wants it to be able to use the code for pretty much whatever they want.

I'm going to be rolling out some bug fixes to IXR in the next couple of
days though so you might want to wait a while (or keep an eye on the
site) so you can benefit from them.

I've been impressed by Typo3 in the past, so I'm really chuffed that you
guys are considering using my library!

Thanks,

Simon
-----