[Typo3-dev] which XML-RPC lib to use

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Mon Apr 25 15:31:34 CEST 2005

Am Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:55:11 +0200 schrieb Karsten Dambekalns:

> Ingo Renner wrote:
>
>> for some tasks in the blog extension I'm working on I need XML-RPC. The
>> problem is that I could just go and use EXT:xmlrpc_lib and
>> EXT:xmlrpc_server but they are using non GPLed code...
>
> Well, but the license seems to be GPL-compatible. The author says it's
> similar to the Artistic License (which isn't GPL-compatible in it's
> original form, but is compatible in it's revised form[1]). I had a look,
> and the xmlrpc_lib license is very short and all parts seem fine.
>
> IANAL. Any other opinions?

so at least in your opinion you think it's ok to use it as it is?
Anyway I contacted the author and asked him whether he's willing to dual
license it.

>> Anyway I'm not completly conviced by these extensions as they are more
>> like a collection of functions rather than using OOP.
>
> True, but I have been using xmlrpc_lib with good results (I just had to add
> automatic decoding of base64 values).

actually I already reformatted the code into two classes, just need to test
it as I also removed some call time pass by references as they're
depreciated and thus causing warnings...
Would you mind sending me your changes for base64?

greetings
Ingo

--
Use a newsreader! Check out