[Typo3-dev] which XML-RPC lib to use

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Mon Apr 25 08:55:11 CEST 2005

Ingo Renner wrote:

> for some tasks in the blog extension I'm working on I need XML-RPC. The
> problem is that I could just go and use EXT:xmlrpc_lib and
> EXT:xmlrpc_server but they are using non GPLed code...

Well, but the license seems to be GPL-compatible. The author says it's
similar to the Artistic License (which isn't GPL-compatible in it's
original form, but is compatible in it's revised form[1]). I had a look,
and the xmlrpc_lib license is very short and all parts seem fine.

IANAL. Any other opinions?

> Anyway I'm not completly conviced by these extensions as they are more
> like a collection of functions rather than using OOP.

True, but I have been using xmlrpc_lib with good results (I just had to add
automatic decoding of base64 values).

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns