[Typo3-dev] TER and extension related questions

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Mon Apr 25 12:56:48 CEST 2005

Hi friends,

First:
I've had along time difficulties to upload or uograde extensions. Mainly
the problems are only related in my time use.
When connecting to repository it's not the main problem as it takes only
about 15 secs to 3 mins. But to upgrade an extension fails about 90% of
the trials - I get some half finalized page on which I normally could
choose which version and where to upgrade. Also today it has been
totally unpossible to do anything.
And to get new extension takes first 2 minutes and then I get error message,
Error: The datatransfer did not succeed...
So my conclusion is that Typo3 cannot be used anymore into any
productive work or maintaining sites which are under production ?
I know that between 4-6 GMT in the morning there is a little easier but
I cannot be awake all the nights as there is some duties also on daytime.

Second:
Where do I know, can I use some extension, which is for 3.8.0-dev and
php version 5.0.x, with Typo3 3.7.0. I have a vision somewhere in back
of my head, that core or other extensions should not be done for beta
versions or do I have to update my systems again. I've now Typo3 3.7.0,
php 4.3.11, mysql 4.0.24, apache 2.0.53 and linux core 2.6.9-5, are
these really too old ?

Best regards,
Kari

--