[Typo3-dev] typo3.8.0beta2: Formmail and other charsets, i.e. utf-8

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker at no5pam.blackbox.net
Fri Apr 22 11:52:03 CEST 2005

"Ådne Hovda" <aadne at hovda.no> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1114161196.26576.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> "Kraft Bernhard" <kraftb at gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> So what should be done is to remove the hardcoded iso-8859-1 in
> t3lib.htmlmail, and pass the charset as a part of the function call,
> alternatively fall back on iso-8859-1.
>
> After what I understand the mailer gets invoked by the function
> sendFormmail() in class.tslib_fe. We should determine the correct charset
> here, then. Similar for dmailer, but I don't know how.

For FE-forms you can use $TSFE->charSet

Dmailer could either configure the charset as mail-option or retrieve the
charset from the newsletter itself. Options:

meta-charset of html header
charset info of xml prologue
charset attribute of http content header

For plain/text only the latter is available.

> Does this ruin backwards compatibility with extensions?

No, don't think so. Those that call t3lib.htmlmail like without passing the
charset will get iso-8859-1 as before, but update ones can set it correctly.

Masi