[Typo3-dev] Feature-Request: A way to register a path to include_path by extension manager

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Wed Apr 20 22:37:19 CEST 2005

> Hm, whatever good is intended, people *will* find a way to misuse it. ;)
you're right, I know :)

>>The QuickForm Package comes with a bundle of classes, they are used also
>>internal. In my own code it's no problem to append an include path, but
>>if pear classes like to include other pear classes, I have to modify a
>>lot of classes.
>

> Hm, that's true. But, isn't the beauty of PEAR, that it comes with PHP,
> should be in the include_path anyway and has a nice installer, and...?
> I know, all those awesome features are not for the regular customer using a
> (cheap) hoster with no shell access and little support options. :(
I like full resolved dependencies. So if I use pear libraries I like to
install them also as extensions and depend on them (same stuff as all
the work in linux distributions).

> Regarding your later mail: How did you work around this?
I did it the t3lib_extMgm::extPath way. I knew that way but it's not a
transparent way and I have to modify each include and require.
Beside the fact of the rewrite I don't like the idea to have an extra
php function call for every normal include or require (specially if you
handle with many little classes).

Sven