[Typo3-dev] Feature-Request: A way to register a path to include_path by extension manager

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Wed Apr 20 21:22:23 CEST 2005

Hi!

Sven Wilhelm wrote:
>> I don't know if this really nice. Over time you might have a lot of
>> extensions that include files without path prefix but rely on
> I did not mean this for the general usage.

Hm, whatever good is intended, people *will* find a way to misuse it. ;)

> The QuickForm Package comes with a bundle of classes, they are used also
> internal. In my own code it's no problem to append an include path, but
> if pear classes like to include other pear classes, I have to modify a
> lot of classes.

Hm, that's true. But, isn't the beauty of PEAR, that it comes with PHP,
should be in the include_path anyway and has a nice installer, and...?

I know, all those awesome features are not for the regular customer using a
(cheap) hoster with no shell access and little support options. :(

Regarding your later mail: How did you work around this?

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member