[Typo3-dev] TER License Problem

Alexander Langer alex at big.endian.de
Wed Apr 20 00:48:26 CEST 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Is BSD now compatible or not? I thought it wasn't really compatible.
> Otherwise the whole BSD vs GNU war makes no real sense.

You can include BSD-licenced code in GPL-software, but in general it
makes no sense to include GPL code into BSD software, as you'd be forced
to licence the whole product with the GPL then.

The BSD folks (this includes the similar Apache license etc) prefer a
more liberal license, because the GPL disallows re-use of the code in
commercial software w/o opening it.

Ciao

Alex