[Typo3-dev] DBAL question

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun Apr 17 13:50:56 CEST 2005

Hi.

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> I know. I have used both Mysql and PostgreSQL. To name those two RDBMSs,
> what does ADOdb/DBAL for me? Will it parse my Mysql statements and
> change them to accomatde them for PostgreSQL? Or does it expect ANSI-SQL
>   and what version?

It will not rewrite SQL completely, meaning it will not fix the use of
MySQL-specific functions. But it will do the correct quoting, allows to map
datatypes, hides the differences in finding the type of a field, ...

> It's important to know what kind of SQL-stamements I should write in my
> extensions.

The CGL document will be updated for 3.8.0.

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member