[Typo3-dev] typo3 3.8.0 release plan

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Apr 14 01:42:54 CEST 2005

Hi Martin,

> Feature freeze starts with beta2 or with rc1?

RC1

>> - The final version should be ready after May 1st
>
> ??? 3 days after the RC? Not that I expect many seriois unknown bugs to
> appear after the release of the RC, but this is still too short.

Of course. There is a theoretical chance that no more serious bugs are found
in RC1, so in this case it would be fine to just rename this to 3.8.0.

If there are more bugs, we wait and roll out an RC2 if needed of course.

> And can we have a notice on typo3.org and also in the download section
> that there is somethig ready to test?

Yes it will be announced on typo3.org, Freshmeat, etc.

Announcement kinds:
- beta releases  => dev list only
- other releases => typo3.org, Freshmeat
- final releases => typo3.org, Freshmeat, Press

Cheers, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out