[Typo3-dev] display of orig-lang (RTE/FF) values on translated records

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker at no5pam.blackbox.net
Wed Apr 13 10:56:49 CEST 2005

Hi!

Showing the values from fields of the record in the default language is
fine. But there are issues with it.

Simple text fields work fine, RTE fields don't work resonable. The value is
just hsc'ed which is practically useless if you have any list. images or
tables in the content.

Flexform fields don't work at all. I recall that Kasper pointed ou that flex
forms support translation in the xml itself, but that's not always feasible
to use. If I have a translation record, I really want ALL my tranlations
there (otherwise it gets messy). So I have the flexform field in the
translated record as well.

Wish: a "Show original language"-checkbox, just like "Show secondary
options". Why? Because the default lang values can take up much space.

Masi