[Typo3-dev] rfw() ?

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Thu Apr 7 07:14:09 CEST 2005

> | IMPORTANT:
> | When overwriting an existing installation, make sure that you move (or
> | easier: remove) the typo3/ext/ directory before adding the new version.
> | You should also check that none of the system extensions is locally
> stored
> | in typo3conf/ext/ since these would take precedence.
>
> Have a deeper look at the two bottom lines...
>
> - michael

I have read the announcement. tstemplate is not a system extension
anymore -- and here is the whole point : the TER version of this
extension is older than the version shipped and packaged in the "global"
extensions of typo3 3.8.0 beta1. So I guess the simple fix would be to
upgrade the TER version of tstemplate to the latest version available.

As far a s I understood the idea is to have the following structure:
- system extensions : shipped with typo3, contain only a limited set of
generally useful extensions
- global extensions: empty, but free for the admin to put whatever he
will require for multiple sites
- local extensions: empty but free for the admin to put whatever he will
require for a single site.

(and this is what I tried)

Stephane