[Typo3-dev] XHTML compliancy, old TypoScript and beyond..

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Mon Apr 4 11:20:34 CEST 2005

> > - Static Templates (the "Kaspers 11"; GLÛCK, TU etc..) will NOT change
> > but rather be faded out from the public conscience.
>
> Kasper, why not use the opportunity of upcoming 3.8.0 to stop shipping these
> default templates with the various TYPO3 packages, and get the users to just
> install the defaultstatic_tmpl extension (those 11 templates packages in an
> ext.) if they need them instead ?

Because that is more work for everyone than just saying they are
depricated.

If someone thinks people will use them just because they are there I
suggest the problem is not their existence but the lack of a new and
modern standard template library.

> > - If you please (YES PLEASE!); new, modern-looking new-bee templates are
> > encouraged ... in extensions of course.
>
> If anyone would like help to package such a template in an extension, I
> am more
> than willing to help. I do not have design skills required to produce
> templates
> myself, but I know how you could package them. Except templavoila templates.

Hope you find someone to team up with. GOod luck.

- kasper