[Typo3-dev] Logging in TYPO3

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [NF] jh at netfielders.de
Mon Apr 4 00:04:37 CEST 2005

If this is going to be implemented....

I am currently thinking about some notification extension.You can trigger
that by other extensions. It could do this:
- Show things in some sort of timeline
- you can subscribe to categories, extensions, whatever, so that they are
mailed to you once a day / immediatly depending on the type of event.
- start certain actions.

This would be needed for a concept I am on at the moment, but the reason I
am writing this: Did anyone thought about some more event based mechansim?

If though, we could discuss this in detail, doesn't make sense to work on
this a couple of times.

If it was a little unclear,here some examples:

- someone adds a guestbook-entry, this is passed to the event-handler
- someone adds/updates an extension, people subscribing extension "extrep"
with filter extension "tt_products", they'd recieve a mail or it's displayed
on their status page after login
-...

JH

news:mailman.1.1112549406.7695.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...