[Typo3-dev] XHTML compliancy, old TypoScript and beyond..

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Fri Apr 1 18:17:08 CEST 2005

Hi Michael.

I'm against adapting "obsolete" code to XHTML - my approach always was
that the modern parts of TypoScript should be. To my knowledge only
<textareas> doesn't deliver XHTML yet.

So:
- Static Templates (the "Kaspers 11"; GLÛCK, TU etc..) will NOT change
but rather be faded out from the public conscience.
- If you please (YES PLEASE!); new, modern-looking new-bee templates are
encouraged ... in extensions of course.
- The most remove and old-fashioned part of TypoScript should not be
adapted if it is not used in modern sites - we will rather note in TSref
if they don't support XHTML
- CSC should of course be fully XHTML compliant.

Issue with textarea: The reason for keeping the wrap-attribute is that
with Netscape 6 or 7 I couldn't make it work with wrapped and
non-wrapped lines in textareas without having both the row and wrap
attribute. I don't know if this chaos is solved but if it is then fine.
I just need the following: A way to have non-wrapped lines and
virtual-wrap lines in textarea fields will works across all modern
browsers.

- kasper